Getting your HVAC unit tuned up is important to experience better performance. You should properly maintain your HVAC unit to enjoy the pollution-free warm or cool air. Many people do not think about tuning up their HVAC unit until it fails to work properly.
Checklist for HVAC Tune UP
HVAC tune-up checklist includes:
- Check and adjust blower motor and belts
- Thermostat testing and settings review
- Change air filter
- Lubrication for all moving parts
- Check and straighten fins
- Electrical connection tightening
- Clean condensate drain
- Measuring refrigerator levels and charge
- Check controls
- Coil cleaning
What Does an HVAC Tune-Up Consist of?
Your HVAC unit uses a lot of energy in your home. You must get your HVAC unit serviced to save on your energy bill and to lessen the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning on gas heating units. HVAC tune-up consists of the following:
- Check and clean burners
- Inspect filters
- Check carbon monoxide levels
- Check contractors and relays for wear
- Adjust refrigerant levels
- Inspect pressure and temperature
- Inspect safety devices and controls
- Test emergency shut offs
- Inspect ductwork
- Flush and clean drain line and trap
- Inspect heat exchanger for leaks and cracks
- Tighten electrical connections
How Much Does an AC Tune-Up Cost?
The cost for a complete AC tune-up varies depending on the job, season, and contractor. The following factors could affect your AC tune-up cost:
- Regularity of maintenance
- Square footage of your house
- Age of the AC unit
- The extent of ductwork
- Model and complexity of your AC unit
How Often Should You Service HVAC?
You should get your HVAC tuned up at least once a year regardless of the type of HVAC unit you have. It is good to tune up your air conditioning unit in the spring and your heating unit in the fall.
How Long Does an HVAC Tune-Up Take?
The time required to tune up an HVAC unit is usually an hour. However, the time length varies depending on the configuration of your unit. If the refrigerant is needed, you need an additional 30 to 45 minutes to tune up your unit. You need to take the best care of your heating and cooling system, and for this, you should get your HVAC systems to be serviced by a professional HVAC contractor.
Looking for an HVAC company near you for HVAC tune-up services, call us on (949) 328-3370.